We kindly inform you that the Vassana season has begun. Upon invitation by Palitha Nugaliyadda, Namal Kumara, and Promod Nugaliyadda families, the resident monks; Bhante Janananda, Bhante Kusala, Bhante Sarananda, and Bhante Dhammarathana are observing the Vassana retreat at Great Lakes Buddhist Vihara.
As usual, during Vassana season, in addition to monthly Sil observance, the following weekly Dhamma programs will be conducted via temple zoom and FaceBook page.
- Sunday, 5.00 – 6.00 pm: Buddha Pooja, Vandana and sermon
- Monday, 7.30 – 8.30 pm: Guided meditation and Sutta discussion
- Wednesday, 7.30 – 8.30 pm: Guided meditation and Dhamma discussion
- Friday, 7.30 – 8.30 pm: Guided meditation and Dhamma discussion (Sinhala)
- Saturday, 8.30 – 9.30 am: Guided meditation and Dhamma discussion
You may sponsor a special Sunday Vassana Pooja during the Vassana season, and we kindly request that only the sponsors come to the Vihara for Sunday special Poojas. To reserve your pooja, please contact the temple.
To join all Vassana Dhamma programs, please use the temple Zoom link and FaceBook Page.
Meeting topic: Vassana events
Meeting ID: 880 8528 1071